Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Captain Bilal Zafer Shaheed (02-06-82 to 17-05-09)

Bilal Zafer Abbasi belongs to Karror (A village in Tehsil Kotli Sattion Rawalpindi). His family had a history of Serving Pakistan and Pakistan Army.

Bilal was born in Rawalpindi. He was born in Rawalpindi. He studied from saint Paul's High school, Rawalpindi. He joined Pak Army in 2003 and later he completed SSG training with distinction. He was a true Muslim, a caring son and a loving brother.

On May 17th 2009, He left his unit after meeting with his friend and brother Captain Zarrar Zafer who is also serving in Pak Army as a SSG Commando. Somehow Bilal knew that he was going to be martyred; He completed his will prior to his death; advised his brother to take care of parents. He even asked his Friend Captain Raheel to lead his Namaz-e-Janaza. On 5:30AM, during an assault operation, he was hit by a sniper bullet on his arm, but he did not stopped and continued the operation as he always said and I quote here "Bullet can never harm me" and that was true. He was hit directly by a Rocket Propeller Grenade (RPG) and embraced shahadat at the spot.


Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on repened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment